Search This Blog

Monday, October 26, 2009

What's black and white and read all over?

Weekend, why are you so short? Three nights. Two days. Not nearly enough.

This past weekend we were lucky enough to celebrate with my friend Jipty and her family her 30th birthday. She says so far thirty is treating her well, and it certainly looks that way. She looks great, and her son is healthy and one charming little boy. She and her wife, Chris, and Ely have moved to a townhouse and are not in Worcester, and they just got back from a trip to Spain (and if I remember correctly, are planning a trip to Italy next year). Yes, I'd say thirty is being good to her so far! (As an aside, I really don't think thirty is a big deal. Turning thirty-five is a bigger deal, and turning forty is a huge deal. Turning thirty is really no different than turning 28 or 29.) Here is Jipty holding Ely, who makes the cutest little faces.The little man with the bright blue eyes (he has Chris's eyes for sure) is going to be one in about 6 weeks or so. Can you believe it? I can't. He's already taking his first solo steps. He really is a cutie, that one.

We also spent some time with Chris and Chris this past weekend, and while we haven't seen her yet because she's still in utero, we're pretty positive that baby girl chris is going to be a cutie, too. She's got a great home to be in once she leaves the womb, and two parents who will love every minute of her. I neglected to take photos of Chris, who is full term, while I was visiting, but please see her blog post for a shot of what full term looks like. I think it looks beautiful.

Of course, leaving Maine is always so difficult. Like I said to Doug, we talk about moving to Maine and we always talk ourselves out of it (these days we've got a desire to live outside of New England for a while), but every time we go there we instantly feel at home, and it's always so hard to come home. Last night in the car I spent a while just staring at the clock in the car, just watching the minutes left in Maine pass by. By the time I got home I was in need of a little pick-me-up, so while Doug was putting the new featherbed on the bed (and oh my lord, that is the most comfortable mattress pad I've ever experienced - makes it so much more difficult to wake up in the morning!) I was getting out the new cat Halloween costume we picked up at Target the other weekend. Nothing makes me feel instantly lighter than seeing the cats wearing stupid hats. This year's costume is a jester hat. Here's Meg in the hat (she hated it, of course): I'm surprised Doug was able to hold her as long as he did.

Sasha refused to wear the hat, but here's Wyatt in the hat:We have quite a few more photos of Wyatt in the hat (one of him eating in the hat, one of him sleeping in the hat), but I think that might be Jester Wyatt overkill for the average reader. For me, though, I will never stop laughing at the cats wearing stupid hats. And the fact that Wyatt tolerates it just blows my mind. Here he is being such a good cat, and his people being the idiots. Take the thirty seconds to watch this video. It's worth it. He doesn't even bat an eye.

4 comments:

cottonmather said...

Where's Sasha with the jester hat?

Rosanne said...

She refused to wear it. I had no interest in being clawed to death in order to force it on her, either. maybe you can try!

girl chris said...

Wyatt's patience is epic. As is his cuteness. I LOVE the cats in hats!

Rosanne said...

Wyatt is a good cat. We'll never have another one like him. He lets us get away with so much. He seemed to like this hat better than the rooster one, too. I wish I could find that one! A blog with photos of Wyatt rocking both hats would be great.