Search This Blog

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Listing again.

There is really no easier blog post to write than a list. And since I'm looking for the easy way out today, I'll post another of my lists. My list of positives. There are so many these days.

Let's start with...

* The new fence. It's great. It's new and sturdy and secure and it doesn't have any gates that I have to worry about flapping in the breeze or driving into as I back out of the driveway. All the posts are intact, and there is no rotting.

Old Fence:

New Fence:

The installation of this sparkly new fence was a hoot and a half. The two guys who came and put the fence in were something out of a cross between Hee-Haw and All in the Family. But even that's not a good description. They were just wacky, and vulgar, and loud, and... wait! Like The Odd Couple. Except one would have been this hard-living, hard-drinking, shrivel-y ex-con, and one would have been the bumbling side-kick. But they got the job done, and the fence is in, and now Doug and I have to paint it. That will certainly be a post unto itself.

Moving on to...

* Flowers. How about this poppy? The weather has been so nice for the past four days... warm, but not too humid, slow breezes, sunny... and the few flowers that we have left in our garden have been flourishing. This giant, red poppy blossomed the other day and I can't get over it's size and beauty. Who knew that we had a poppy in our garden. I'd like more of these, please.

* Friends. I had an excellent, excellent conversation with a very dear friend (I was going to say old friend, but she's not old - the friendship is, though). I have known Tamera since, what, first grade? Kindergarten? I have no idea, even, it's been that long. We were pretty much inseparable all throughout grade school, and through middle school, but because of various circumstances, most of which you can probably attribute to me, we went our different ways. Maybe five or so years ago we started to get back in touch. This was huge. Huge! And last night we talked for an hour and a half. And I realized so many things during that conversation, and from that conversation. Like I am sometimes a judgmental cad, and sometimes I am too quick to take life and those in it at face value. This is all good stuff - really - because lightbulb moments are crucial for personal development. The light went off last night.

* Mobile technology. I will now admit to getting used to my iPhone, and finding value in its convenience. My mother and sister and I went to Portland, Maine, this past weekend (more on that to come), and my little iPhone was so helpful to have. We found the Portland LL Bean Outlet because of it, made reservations at a busy restaurant because of it, and synchronized our summer calendars because of it. Thank you, Apple. For once I appreciate your innovation.

There's more, of course, but it's time to move on for today. Stay tuned for more on our weekend away in Portland... and what a fun weekend it was, too.

No comments: