Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Three cats and a little vet (visit).

This past weekend we did something that we haven't done in three years - we took all three cats to the vet at once. Why don't we do this each year, you wonder? Well, it's because Sasha is an absolute terror at the vet and we don't want to deal with it. So we either take her by herself or we just don't bring her at all. This year, to minimize the time we have to spend at the vet, we took all three together. Here are the cats waiting in the lobby of the vet's office. Notice that Sasha is off to the left, all by herself, and that's so she won't disturb the others with her deep, guttural moans of displeasure. Sasha did have to get the gas (When I called to make the appointment I warned them that Sasha was bad, very, very bad, and I was told that in extreme cases the vet can gas the animal to put them temporarily to sleep so that the vet can do the exam, and then the cat will wake right up after the exam. Doug and the vet wanted to try the exam without the gas, and that worked for, oh, I don't know, five minutes, before Sasha started to do her Linda Blair/Exorcist impersonation and had to get the gas.), but they all survived just fine. And when we got home from the vet we had only a short time to readjust to our normal surroundings (Sasha, really) before my mother and brother arrived.

My mom and brother came so that 1) we could see Avatar (I was the only one who had never seen it - Doug saw it once and so did my mother, but my brother had already seen it twice), and 2) so that my mother and I could start on my next sewing project, which will be the subject of another blog post someday. And we did see Avatar, which was a two-thumbs-up movie to watch because of how great the 3-D was but maybe only one-thumb-up for story line, but we also got out into the fresh air. The weather was beautiful all weekend - somewhat warm, and bright and sunny. Everyone enjoyed our walk around Walden Pond - we're smiling! And then after our walk we stopped for lunch in Waltham, where I experimented with continuous mode on my camera. Continuous mode without the flash makes for pretty cool shots.

But, perhaps for the coolest thing all weekend - Wyatt in his new sweater. His Snuggie just doesn't fit him right; he can't walk in it because the leg sleeves are too constricting. It's also just too small for him; he's bigger than we thought. So my mother, who saw the photos of Wyatt with his haircut on this blog, printed out his post-hair cut photos, showed them to my Aunt Alice (the very one who made this stunning display), and requested a homemade sweater for him. So Aunt Alice, ever the expert with the knitting needles, whipped him up that fantastic sweater in about two and a half days. I am absolutely amazed at her abilities, at her creativity, and at her kindness. Because look at him! Does he get any cuter - or warmer - than in that sweater? It's way better than a Snuggie. Doug thinks so, too. He can't keep his hands off the alien baby, who now wears clothes. We always knew Wyatt was cute, but man, in his sweater he's just about irresistible. Thank you, thank you, Aunt Alice! Maybe someday I can knit you a scarf in return. If I start now I should be done for your 70th birthday.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Holy crap - that cat sweater is awesome! Wyatt is seriously stylin'.

julie said...

i love the sweater! i've been sharing Wyatt's haircut and clothing journey with my coworker. thanks for keeping us smiling!