Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Four blissful days...

Doug and I just had ourselves a wonderful, fantastic, totally peaceful and relaxing four day extended weekend. It was just about the best way to spend four days. There was nothing that we had to do. Not one thing. Not one chore needed to get done, not one errand had to be run, not one state line had to be crossed, not one obligation. It was complete and total relaxation, and just about one of the most enjoyable mini-vacations I've had in the past four years.

It started with getting Wyatt groomed. You've seen his haircut already, but I can't help but post more photos of the little alien baby. Doug did a lot of cuddling with the hairless one,and we both did a lot of "observing" him, meaning just staring at him in his Snuggie and giggling about how silly he looked. And then taking pictures of him.

Of course, we also spent a lot of time eating. As it was Valentine's Day this weekend, I thought I'd give Doug a nice homemade meal. I made a meal of vegetable pie and roasted potatoes, and Doug surprised me with flowers and a cake. Flowers! A cake! Excellent.

In between going to the gym, eating, watching the Olympics, petting the cats, and sleeping, we took a road trip to Northampton, bought some more books, relaxed with some hot chocolate, and ate Indian food. Indian food! Almost as excellent as flowers and cake, because we never get Indian food. Doug was particularly excited about Indian food; can't you tell? I can tell. His eyes have that "I just ate way too much naan and now you're going to make me eat all of your aloo gobi, aren't you" look. I know that look well.

Ah, relaxation. Food comas. How nice. We finished the extended weekend at Isabella, Dedham's mighty fine offering to the local dining scene, to celebrate our anniversary. Yes, that's right. Yesterday Doug and I celebrated year two of married life. And it was a great way to celebrate. Four days of inspiring television, a road trip, the gym, the cats, eating great good, and flopping on the couch together... I mean, it was really, really great. Nothing over the top, nothing extravagant, just this: Cards with heartfelt messages, another cake (cake!), two forks, and a night on the couch surrounded by cats and snowboardcross on TV. Really, it was great. Have I said that yet? I couldn't have celebrated Valentine's Day and our anniversary in a better way, and I have my wonderful husband to thank for allowing us to have such a great four days doing nothing but whatever we felt like doing at the time. Can't wait to do this again next year! We are definitely making this an annual event.

2 comments:

girl chris said...

Hooray for a fabulous long weekend! It sounds perfect. And Wyatt in a Snuggie makes my heart break (in a good way).

MVD said...

happy anniversary you two lovelies!