Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Portsmouth

On Monday, Doug and I made a quick trip to Portsmouth, NH, to celebrate the stump being out of the ground and out of our life forever (except we left the stump in its proper brown paper yard waste bag for the garbage collector and he didn't collect it. So I guess it's not really gone after all...). Quick trip I say because we left at noon and were back at 6:30. We walked around the very center of town, ate lunch, Doug bought some pink flamingos for the yard, and I bought a pair of shoes. That was the extent of our trip. But it was fun! We saw the John Paul Jones house. I remember as a kid learning about this guy and always wondering why he had the same name as the guy in Led Zepplin. It always takes me a minute, too, to think of who John Paul Jones really is.

Anyway, here are some photos of our trip. We'll have more fun photos to share this weekend, too, as Doug and I head to Brimfield on Friday. Doug's seeking a dresser and I'm seeking... nothing, nothing but a good time.

Doug covets this pair of slippers. I smell birthday present in his future....

Doug eats his burrito at The Friendly Toast. Thanks, Mike(Michael) for introducing us to this place. The food is good and the ambiance is cool.

This is part of me at The Friendly Toast. All of me was there, but only part of me made it into the picture. I think this is supposed to be... artistic.

This is little Dedham Square. Isn't it cute? There's a little more to it, but not much, really. But it's now home so we're fond of it.

No comments: