Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Am I really that lazy?

So I haven't really exercised on a regular basis since my wedding in February. After that day, my stomach started to get really bad and I was on that stomach medication, I fell into a very dark, depressed period where I was seriously wondering whether I would be committed to the McLean Hospital in Belmont, and had some major mental crises with work. And now there's the house, which I'm using as an excuse, but that really isn't an excuse on some days. Take today, for example. I wanted to come home and jog for about 20 minutes (that's all, just 20 minutes!), but I came home famished at 7pm and cannot run after just eating. So I had a snack, changed my clothes, made the bed, put laundry away, put a new load of laundry in the washer, cleaned the cat boxes, and now here I am at 7:41pm, blogging instead of jogging. I've now lost my momentum for jogging. Will I ever join the Curves that is right down the street from me, literally? It would be stupid not to. I am so close, and I had such a good experience at Curves (until I got bored and decided to join a traditional gym). I don't have time for a traditional gym now during the week, though - there isn't one close enough to my house to make it worth while. Who wants to get to the gym at 8pm, get home at 9-9:30pm, start dinner, and eat around 10-10:30pm? That's not my idea of a good or healthy evening. I just have to really make myself either jog or join Curves. This weekend I can jog. Curves is on my hit list next week, when hopefully I can leave work a little earlier one night.

In other news, at the grocery store this weekend I saw the reissued Hydrox cookies. I have been reading about them in the food news alerts that I get at work. Apparently the public has been begging for Hydrox to make a comeback (they have a following like Moxie), so Keebler, which now owns the brand but discontinued the manufacture of Hydrox in 2003, reissued the cookie for its 100th anniversary. We bought a package, and I do agree that they are better than Oreos. They are the same design - chocolate sandwich cookies with a white creme filling - but are not as sweet and do not leave a film on your tongue after eating (am I the only one with this problem when I eat Oreos?). I hope that Hydrox stick around, because I certainly would add them to my grocery cart every once in a while.

Hmmm, I just realized that I lamented my lack of exercise routine in the same post that I discussed buying and eating cookies. Until I get better with the exercise, maybe I should leave the Hydrox reissues at Star...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just rejoined Curves as well after taking a few year and many pound hiatus. The one I go to has "Smart" and that takes some of the boredom out. The music still is crap. I am still half the age of most members. But it's quick, relatively painless, even at 6 am! If you want to come to Needham we can go together... :)

Rosanne said...

I don't think I'd be able to make the one in Needham on weeknights... I'm barely able to make the one in Dedham that's 5 minutes from my house. Saturdays, though, I could do - do you go to Curves on Saturdays ever? I could get one of those traveling passes. Do they still use those?