Search This Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hopefully there won't be a kitchen disaster.

I took this quiz on Facebook the other day - the "What type of person are you?" quiz. My result: #5, The Observer. Not sure what the first four are, or now many types of people there are, or even how the types are ranked, but that was my result. This description follows the result:

Observers want knowledge and they're introverted, inquisitive, understandable and analytical. It's hard for them to handle their feelings, they rather use their head than... their heart. Other people can find them cool, distant, bussinesslike and non-emotional. Actually they are very sensitive, but it's just difficult to express it. They like to be alone to process their emotions. Observers don't like it when others dominate them. RELATIONSHIPS: You know you cover yourself from the world and you long for contact. You're afraid to open up. You feel attracted to people who give you space, then you can give and take. You choose friends with the same interests. FIXATION: stinginess VICE: greed VIRTUE: detachment PROFESSIONS: scientist, investigator, inspector, librarian, monk, ...

I like some elements of this description, since I think they're spot-on. The parts about wanting knowledge, being analytical, preferring to use my head rather than my heart, and the part about being quite sensitive. Not sure I get the part about the fixation - is that my fixation? In what way am I fixated on stinginess? On my own stinginess? That of other people?? I'm confused. As usual, these Facebook quizes seem so intriguing, so worthwhile, but in the end I'm left scratching my head and wondering how I could have better spent the two minutes it took for me to take the quiz. But at least I know now that I'm The Observer. I feel so enlightened.

And, because I don't really have that much else to say (I haven't really been reading much, haven't been doing any more sewing, haven't been watching much TV, and haven't been in communication with much of the outside world in a while), I'll give a run-down of the menu I've planned for the Chris' baby party/shower this Saturday. I'm quite excited about the food. A bit bummed I'm not handling the desserts, since I love to bake more than I like to cook, but I'm pleased (but slightly intimidated by the responsibility) that I can control what we eat. I've tried to be considerate of what other people might want, but for the most part I think I've stuck to my favorite food ingredient - carbohydrates. You really can't go wrong with carbs!

* Good old chips & salsa

* Three Bean Salad with Red Pepper and Onion
* Fruit salad
* Pear, Pecan & Baby Greens Salad
* Homemade pizza squares
* Cheese tortellini with roasted cauliflower, spinach, and vodka sauce

And, of course, plenty of desserts, and I can only imagine how tasty those are going to be. The Hart women really know how to bake.

So, that's the menu so far. Don't worry, though - we live close enough to a Comella's that if a disaster happens in the kitchen (and I am totally prepared for that to happen) we will have wonderful back-up.

No comments: