Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'm so proud of you!

Yes, today I feel proud. I feel proud for a bunch of reasons. The first reason that I feel proud is because today marked the first day that gay and lesbian couples could officially and legally marry in Connecticut. I was born and raised in that little Nutmeg state, and still hold it rather near and dear to my heart, so I am very, very pleased that the only two states in which I've ever lived are progressive enough to recognize gay marriage. Yay!

The second reason that I feel proud is Adam finally posted a public blog. I am amazed and thrilled and so excited to read about the fun things that my good friend Adam is doing. Isn't Mystic Seaport addictive? Doug and I regret not getting a membership there last weekend. We really liked it and think the working museum concept is great there. I love that they're restoring the Morgan and I love that they sponsor the sailing camps for kids in the summer. If I lived in Connecticut and if I had a kid I'd send it to that camp. It sounds fabulous. And now I know that the Seaport has an antique car show in the fall so I'll have to go there next year. Maybe Adam will join us, and it would be great if his grandfather could be there, too. He looks like a spitfire.

The third reason that I'm proud is that my husband made us dinner tonight without burning down the house. Yes, the smoke alarm screamed, "Fire, fire!" a few times, but still, no real flames. We now have quesadillas to eat and a couple of DVDs of Arrested Development to watch and it's only 8pm! Yes, today is a day for being proud.

4 comments:

girl chris said...

Yay for your home state! Makes me proud to be in New England. Now we just need to figure out what's going on in California...

Unknown said...

You know why I love you guys? Because you love gay people and museums. I love them, too! I'm still not sure about CT, though, so we'll have to work on that.

Emily said...

Go CT!!!

Adam said...

Ro,
Thanks for your kind words...I'm gonna try and keep the posts coming.