Search This Blog

Monday, November 3, 2008

C'est fini!

Drum roll, please. I hear doves cooing in the background, I hear roosters crowing, I hear rounds of applause, I hear voices shouting, "Bravo, bravo!" Because why? Because I have finished my scarf! My dear friend Summer Sweater ever-so-kindly showed me how to knit about two and a half years ago (longer perhaps? not quite as long ago maybe? I really don't remember... it's just been a while), and after a few failed attempts and the search for a thicker, more forgiving yarn, I am done with my first-ever knitting project. My scarf. I believe it took about 5 balls of yarn, maybe more - I lost count (who wouldn't after over two years...). But that's no matter now! All that matters is that the scarf is done, it's long enough to wrap around my neck and keep me warm (and apparently itchy as well), and it gives me hope that the next one I attempt will not take me nearly as long.

You'll see in this photo that this scarf is quite long. I guess that's what using 5 balls of yarn will do. The yarn was kind-of cool because it was dyed with lots of different colors, making it very colorful in the end. It was a bit of a pain to use, though, because it was very bunchy on the needle and I had a hard time not getting my needles caught in it. The cats loved it, though. Much of my scarf is spooged on by Wyatt, who decided at various times that it was a giant chew toy, and then for Sasha it was a giant scratching post. I am indeed amazed that I was able to finish this scarf in one piece.

This next one is of me wearing the scarf. Very cool, no? It's a bit rainbow-y, but I figure this way it will match a lot of stuff, and will brighten my otherwise drab winter outfits. Because yes, I will wear this scarf while at work. It's very cold in there. All the time. Very cold.

And this last photo is of Doug in the scarf. Yes, we're all going to take turns wearing the scarf (this is what happens when we keep our heat at 60 at all times). Doug's feeling a little under the weather tonight, hence the pouty face. I'd like to think he's pouting because he knows he's going to have to give the scarf back, but he's already said that the scarf was too girly for him anyway, so I guess this means that he'll be the recipient of my next project. What's a manly scarf, though? Black? Navy blue? I don't think I'm advanced enough yet for stripes or some kind of pattern. He may just have to settle for something like this and just blame it on his wife if he happens to look a little more feminine than usual! At least he'll be warm!

And on a final note - Happy anniversary, Chris and CHRIS! I hope you've celebrated well! It's hard to believe your wedding was one year ago... think of all that's happened in this first year. This year is just the beginning, too.

3 comments:

girl chris said...

Thanks, Rosanne! And your scarf looks FAB -- congrats on finishing! I can't wait to see what you create next...

cottonmather said...

It looks great, sweetie pants!

Emily said...

That is one good-looking scarf. Nice work!