Search This Blog

Monday, December 21, 2009

Ho, ho, ho!

Sunday was a pretty quiet day here in Dead-ham. We woke up to still-blizzarding conditions (you know, the tiny little flakes of snow blowing almost horizontally, and you wonder how this type of snow could even accumulate the wind is blowing so fast), which was great for me because I had a day-long date with a few Excel spreadsheets and didn't mind being housebound. This was how I spent the vast majority of my day (though I did add more layers as the day went on, because you really don't burn calories and generate heat tap, tap, tapping on a keyboard):

Doug's day was a little bit more exciting. After making me pumpkin pancakes (I really did catch myself a winner with him), he spent a lot of the day catching up on chores and bonding with the cats, who we've been sorely neglecting while the budget's been happening and while the website was in severe re-design lock-down mode. Sasha and Doug found new ways to connect throughout the day:
But don't think that it was only Sasha who got in on Doug's love - Meggie had her turn, too: I think that might be my favorite photo of Doug and Meg together. Probably because there are no other photos of Doug and Meg together, now that I think about it. Meg is a bit of a loner cat, unless she is desperate for some love. Then she comes and finds Doug and loves him on her own terms. She'd prefer him in the basement but will take him wherever she can get him, even if it's when he's napping on the couch. All the ladies love Doug, it seems (or at least the four-legged ladies). I should probably be jealous.

Once the snow finally stopped, Doug and I quickly shoveled our driveway, the steps, and carved out a place for our garbage cans for garbage night tonight. There was some wickedly cool pink sky as we were shoveling - only was there for a brief moment, but I got it on camera. I think that would be a great name for a band - Pink Sky at Night. (Reader: If you take that name and make it big, I expect a royalty!) And then, once inside, we were treated to a surprise visit from Santa Claus. He came a little early to Dedham this year, and actually it looks like he shrunk a bit and is decidedly less jolly than he is usually depicted. Nonetheless, this Santa wants to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, and so do we - from our house to yours, Merry Christmas!

No comments: