Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Today is my father's birthday.

Today my father turns 66. Is it wrong to post his actual age? I think not - I think that it's fine to post someone's age when they've lived a full and healthy life. So happy birthday, Dad! Don't let your students give you a hard time today, but remember - only a few more weeks left, if that. And then a summer of no students. A nice, peaceful summer... the reason most people go into teaching.

Before I settle in for a full day of work, arguing with slimy sales people and paying invoices for databases that cost more than I can possibly imagine (but how do you put a monetary value on electronic content, anyway?), I wanted to post this photo that one of my team-members sent around when she first started here two years ago. She wanted to get some more camaraderie going on the team, and she thought this would work:I think it would be great as a t-shirt. Does anyone know of a company that will put a photo on a t-shirt for you? I have to get the staff holiday gifts this year, and I'm not sure I'll be going the gift-card to Sephora route like we all got last year, though I just used it and rather appreciated it.

Anyway, the sentiment for the day is long, happy life and a sense of team and community. Now ready, set, go! Let's start the day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's easy enough to iron the photo onto a shirt yourself! No company needed, just t-shirt iron-on stuff from ACMoore.

dj said...

www.zazzle.com let's you create and buy t-shirts of your own design as long as the image is not copyrighted.

kitchen said...

Yeah, happy birthday for your dad

sofa said...

Put photo in t-shirt, no need company.DIY!
Happy 66th birthday for your father.