Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bear obsession

Doug and I are obsessed with Wyatt, and he's obsessed with us. I blame the haircut. Wyatt won't leave us alone... he follows us around (more than usual), burrows into our bodies when we're on the couch or in the bed (more than usual), and nestles himself snugly in between our shoulders at night (partly under the covers)(more than usual). Doug and I can't stop holding him, either. On a normal night, when I come home from work and Wyatt is yelling at me to top off his food bowl, or to give him a pet, I ignore him until I've peed, put on my pajamas, washed my face and brushed my teeth. There is no ignoring Wyatt these days, though. I can't help myself. He follows me around looking like a little lost lamb, so as soon as I set foot into the house I immediately tend to my little naked friend. This will soon pass, once he gets used to being half of himself, but for now it's something that we are enjoying.

Here are a couple more photos of the hairless wonder. These aren't the best photos, but he doesn't stay still long enough to get a good one. I think he knows that his image is being plastered on the Internet for all to see, and he's none too pleased. That last one is a new favorite of mine. You can hardly tell that his hair is as short as it is, or that his tail looks like a poodle's tail. What a poor, pathetic little kitty.

Speaking of poor, pathetic little kitties, here are some more photos of work. I figure that work is where I spend my life these days, so let's show a little of it off. Plus, the scenery has changed slightly now that I have an office. I'll say this about my home away from home - it doesn't lack for natural light, and for this I really am grateful.

In two days I turn thirty. Doug's planning a weekend away (he spilled the beans, more out of necessity than anything else. He had to know that I'd be able to get away from work for the weekend, and even though I can't really spare two days away from the budget, one only turns thirty once so I'll have to make a sacrifice), so I'm sure I'll have another blog by weekend's end. Let's hope it's not filled with photos of cats and corporations!

2 comments:

girl chris said...

Yay for a weekend away and an impending birthday celebration! You deserve the break. Enjoy it, lady.

PS - Wyatt is heartbreakingly cute.

Emily said...

Holy crap, that is such an adorable cat photo.

And damn, girl, you've got a pretty sweet work office! Too bad it's no fun to hang out in.

Many happy birthday wishes to you.