Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I could get used to turndown service.

I write this as my room is getting its turndown service. Meaning two butlers have come in to prep the room for the night. Meaning the comforter is turned back on the bed, the towels you may have used during the day are replaced with fresh ones (same with your slippers and bathrobe), and the mood lighting on your balcony, at your personal swimming pool, and near your bed are turned on for the night. Yes, I said butlers, and yes, I said personal swimming pool. I'm at the Aman New Delhi, and that's how they do things here.

Here's a (really bad) photo of my personal swimming pool, as taken from the giant window looking out to it from my room:

And here's a photo of the flower petals sitting on the table, next to my settee, in my room:
I cannot wait until I can upload better photos (photos from Blackberries are not that great, apparently!). I should be showing you photos of the Taj Mahal, which I got to see on Tuesday, and of the journey to the Taj (meaning the swarms of people and the cows and monkeys and pigs just hanging around by the roadside, and the shanty-towns, and the mounds of trash, and the packs of dogs with curly tails running around, and the tractors driving down the highways, and the motorbikes with four people packed behind the driver (none with helmets), and the three-wheeled taxis running on natural gas, and...), but I can't upload those to the blog yet. I haven't been able to enjoy the swimming pool yet, but that's the plan for tonight after dinner. I have many plans for tonight after dinner. Work, pool, bath, packing, reading my magazine on the settee and then watching Indian television. It will be a long night, but a good one, and I figure that since it's my last night in this kind of hotel, probably forever, I should make it as long as possible.

No comments: