Search This Blog

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Beer, beer... American beer...

So, another great weekend. CHRIS was here for Thursday night, Friday night, and then for Saturday (the big Revs extravaganza), and on Saturday morning he and Doug were doing a little recording. They put together this VERY catchy tune that I call "Beer, Beer, American Beer," because that's the only part that I sing over and over again (and it's been in my head since Saturday, going round and round and round...), and Chris laid down a few (stellar, really) vocals, too. That burst of creativity may have been the highlight of the weekend, but it's really hard to tell because all elements were really good.

The Revs game was cold. Cold and windy. And windy. Did I mention windy? My face is still red from wind burn. We had a lot of fun, though. Tangerini's made their tailgating debut, which just added to the excitement. Here are some pre-game photos... not too many, though, because I didn't feel like taking off my glove long enough to take pictures: We managed to be some of the first 5,000 fans inside the game, which means we all snagged free Revs scarves. We also each got a popcorn, pizza or hot dog, and small drink as part of the birthday package - gotta love stadium food, right? The wind somehow did not penetrate the area where we were sitting, thank god, but it was still pretty chilly. Despite the cold, the game was enjoyable to watch - so quick! And the fans keep everything lively, with their shouting and drumming, and screaming and gesturing. And throwing things. And shooting muskets. Yes, games are not boring. Here are some photos of during-game excitement: Another highlight was seeing my name on the Jumbotron. I know, I know, it's probably a little conceited of me to be excited about my name being up there for everyone to see, but one's 30th birthday should be an occasion to be a little self-important, right? We didn't hang out after the game (too cold, and people had to travel back to far off places like Worcester and Portland, ME), but before going our separate ways we did gather for a group photo. I love group photos, and this one ranks right up there: Oh, and did I forget to say that the Revs won the game? Thanks, team! And extra special thanks to everyone for coming out for my birthday. It's been a great couple of birthday weekends. Every birthday should be this good.

1 comment:

girl chris said...

Thanks again for inviting us to the Revs game birthday blowout, Ro! We had a fabulous time. Sure it was windy, but at least the rain stayed away!