Search This Blog

Monday, February 23, 2009

Nothing much.

I don't really have anything to blog about. I was going to blog about the Oscars, but I have nothing else to add to the night; dear Chris summed up the evening nicely with the photos of the pretty dresses. I will say this about the evening, though - we turned it off right after the Hugh Jackman-Beyoncé musical routine and I don't feel like I missed a whole lot. I was pushing for Mickey Rourke to win the best actor Oscar, but that's probably because I have yet to see Milk. I recently read a Rolling Stone interview with Sean Penn, and while it didn't make him seem like a terrible guy I do think that for me he's a little clichéd. He seems to play himself in every movie - slightly gruff, slightly sensitive, a five o'clock shadow personality. But maybe this is why his role in Milk was so great - Harvey Milk may have been his polar opposite.

Anyway, I picked myself up this jacket at the end of season blowout sale at a local sports store and I've been living in it. Literally. I have been wearing it as an extra layer to protect me from the biting winds that we've been having, but then when I come into the house I don't ever take it off. This is a way for me to layer up without having the bulk of a second wool sweater, or of a sweater and hoodie. I imagine you'll be seeing a lot of me in this jacket come spring, even though it's apparently a model from the Marmot fall collection. Fall, spring - what's the difference, really. Spring is just as cold and wet as fall it seems, so I don't think I'll feel too what-not-to-wear this coming season. Plus, I love the color. So bright! So spring! I need all the color I can get in my life right now, so this little jacket is here to stay.

Other than that, I really have very little to say. My mother and brother were here this past weekend for an overnight - our guest bed had its first guest in my mom. She thought the guestroom was very cozy and didn't mind the bed, so that's an endorsement for future visitors... the room won the mom approval award, so please book your stay now! We've put a kitty window shelf in our bedroom, so Meg has been sleeping there at night; you won't have to share the bed with Meg anymore. Though the bed has been no less hairy... I think she still prefers the warmth of the covers during the day when the heat is down low. Never fear, though - we give the bed a thorough vacuuming before the guests come.

Time to do a little work before watching a recorded Antiques Roadshow - Wichita, part 2. Yay!

No comments: