Search This Blog

Saturday, February 28, 2009

More nothing.

Unfortunately, my life has been rather dull lately, which makes me less interested in blogging. Do you want blogs about what I do all day? Not likely, because they'd all be the same: wake somewhere around 6:20am; pee; floss, gargle, and brush teeth; shower; dress; dance around the woolly bear as he tries to rub against my legs (9 times out of 10 I'm wearing dark pants that really don't do well with his white hair); comb hair and make sure I match; kiss snoring husband; run downstairs to grab my bags; put on shoes and coat; tell cats good-bye and be good; leave house and run-walk to train; take train to city and walk to office; take off coat and shoes, put away bags, and put on work shoes; turn on computer; get breakfast (cereal, fruit, and water); come back to desk and work for 12 hours, give or take a couple hours. Then, once work is over, put coat and walking shoes back on; grab bags; leave building and run-walk to train; get on train and attempt to read for 15 minutes; get off train and walk home; get home, take off coat and shoes; change into pajamas and make bed (if Doug hasn't made it). Now here's where my routine varies. Some nights I feel like I have energy so I do about 20 minutes worth of exercises. Most nights, though, I have no energy, so I grab some kind of dinner (baked beans, cereal, a frozen pot pie, leftover take out, something nutritious like that) and park myself on the sofa to eat and watch TV. Within 20-25 minutes I'm usually fast asleep. Then, around 11:30pm or so, Doug will say, "Babe, it's time to go to bed," and I'll grumble about not wanting to get up, but I will, and I'll go upstairs to the bed. Some nights I'm good and I will brush my teeth and wash my face, but other night I can't imagine taking the extra time to wash my face so I just brush my teeth and fall into the bed, making sure to flick the alarm on. I sleep, usually somewhat restlessly, and then wake again around 6:20am the next day - repeat above. So yes, not really a whole lot of thrilling blog content there.

However, in an attempt to keep blogging and to keep things interesting, I'll now write about something that never really bothered me but now I find to be very bothersome. Here, here's a photo. Do you notice anything missing in it? I do, and it's called a door. This is a photo of the bathroom connected to our bedroom and you'll notice that there is no door. Lately this has been bothering me. Probably because I find the bathroom to be a somewhat private place and without the door it's a lot less private. When Doug's on the toilet I can see and hear everything. When I'm on the toilet he can see and hear everything. Yes, we're married so there's not much we don't know about each other and there's nothing that we don't share, but I still wouldn't mind if we didn't have to share those private bathroom moments. Yes, there is a door to the bedroom itself, so if we ever wanted privacy we could just close the door to the bedroom, but that's only effective if one of us is not in the bedroom. Otherwise, what's the point of closing the door? Something tells me that this bathroom isn't up to code, and it's not just because there's no door. But, because I'm at risk of being showcased on White Whine ("My master bath with double sinks, jet tub and shower with double-shower heads is just so small that I don't even bother to use it..." That kind of whine.) I will say that I really like having a bathroom connected to the bedroom and that even without a door I happily use it. Trust me, I'll live.

As long as we're on the subject of the bedroom, Doug and I hung some things on the wall - Doug's plover print (birds - another bird!) and my stuffed letters, both courtesy of Doug's new favorite store, and I kid you not. Doug actually requests trips to Anthropologie - guys, is this odd? I don't really mind, seeing how this means I can go there more often, but it does get a little weird when I'm ready to go and he's still happily browsing. He does only get excited about the housewares, though. He's not into the clothes yet, but I'm sure that will only follow. Soon I'll be the one sitting on the Victorian sofa reading one of the organic food books and he'll be shopping up a storm. At least Doug's doing his part to resuscitate the economy!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my god, I've never seen White Whine before - how funny! And I think you guys should put a door up to the bathroom (is that an easy project?) Even if you don't always close it, there's just something about not having the option that's disturbing.

Your husband has some great taste! I miss Anthropologie. They have such cute stuff.

Adam said...

Doug wants to go to Anthropologie?! Last time I was there I was relegated to the mens waiting area.