Search This Blog

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Weekend blogger.

I am going to turn into a weekend blogger, I know it - here's my second one for the weekend and I can guarantee there will be little or no blogging again this week. Ah well. It's a sacrifice I have to make right now.

Okay, so now up is the blog about the weekend fun. Yesterday we went to Portland to visit with Chris and Chris. We met Lulu for the first time (such a sweetheart!), interacted with their possibly paranormal entities, and ate dinner at a nice little pub downtown. Portland has a nice pace of life. Very nice, very comfortable, very homey. I like visiting there. We also exchanged Christmas gifts this trip - never too late for Christmas gifts! Chris and Chris gave Doug and me some lovely items - Guitar Player magazine (probably more for Doug), a new-guitar-each-day desk calendar (again, probably more for Doug), a book on the Puritans, a Pyrex bowl to match the one I got with them back in the summer when we went to the flea market in Rowley, MA, and earrings (probably more for me). How did we get such generous friends? They know us all too well. For them we got a pumpkin-shaped pie plate and a Pavement CD set. Who doesn't love Christmas gifts? Here are some photos of the day:
Chris and I realized that we had very similar hats, and so had to pose with them. Not sure what this means about us... perhaps we are secretly communist? No, don't think so - just think we have similar fashion sense, but don't be surprised if we now refer to each other as Comrade...

Today has so far been another good day. We got a lovely (but way too short!) visit from Adam, who popped by our house on his way back from running a race in Derry, NH. Is Adam insane for running a race in this kind of cold weather? Yes, I think so, but he says that 20-degree weather is just perfect for running. I think I'd like another 20 degrees on the thermometer before I'd get out there and run a race, but I'd have other requirements, too, before I'd be running any kind of race. Requirement #1 - I don't keel over and die. Requirement #2 - the race has to be from one end of my street to the other end. Requirement #3 - the race be at night so none of my neighbors would see me huffing and puffing down the street. Anyway, here's a shot of Adam and Doug in our living room. Doug's pumped... he'll soon be playing Wii tennis and eating the piece of Domino's Pizza Adam brought. Awesome!

So, now it's off to work. I've been putting it off long enough today. I can smell the chicken chasseur in the crock-pot, so that means I only have a couple of hours before it's done. Please let it be good... it's the one meal I'll cook all week!

1 comment:

girl chris said...

Comrade! Thanks for coming up this weekend...we all (me, CHRIS, Stew, Lulu, and the ghosts) loved having you here! P.S. Love your hat.