Search This Blog

Thursday, December 18, 2008

A little Haggis in our future?

Christmas is such a hectic time of year. Each of the four or whatever weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas is packed with more activity than any other week of the year. This week is no exception. I have been home before 9pm only once so far this week, and that will continue until tomorrow. When does this leave me time to blog? When does this leave me time to write out Christmas cards (which, I promise, are coming)? When does this leave me time to do anything? I haven't listened to Christmas records in forever, haven't cooked in forever, haven't jumped over cheeseburgers in forever, haven't sat down to pet my cats in forever, and haven't drawn up my shades in the dining room in forever. What gives?

I'll tell you something that I have had time for... watching just enough of Cats 101 to decide that a Scottish Fold must be in our future. Doug wholeheartedly agrees, so much so that he contacted Brother Jean (a Franciscian monk, no joke) out of Salem, MA, who lovingly breeds these little critters. He's soon having three litters! How do we know this? Doug has emailed him. Yes, we are that serious. Everyone always wonders when we'll get a fourth cat and we always say that we never will. Four is too many. But really, when a cat looks like this and can sport the name of Haggis, why wouldn't we take the plunge?

Work awaits, but I'll be thinking of little Haggie all day long...

3 comments:

girl chris said...

So CUTE. That might be the perfect way to start the new year...?

Anonymous said...

Rosie I watched the same show!! I liked the Scotties. The are cute and seem to be very loving and friendly. But good money for a cat i don't know. What a storm. we had 12 inches.

Emily said...

Three, four... it doesn't really matter. That cat is cute stuff!