Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Testing, testing.

I am trying out something new - blogging from my phone. If this is successful then imagine the possibilities! I could blog from anywhere about anything, and even post pictures (like the one here). Maybe, if I can blog anything from anywhere at anytime, I will actually keep up with this blog more.

I took the photo in this blog the other day when I got to work. I pulled my lunch bag out of my tote bag so that I could put it in the staff refrigerator, and I was struck at how elementary school it looked. I have mentioned this at various times on this blog, but as a kid I never wanted to be anything in particular when I grew up. Had no career aspirations, and, really, my only dream was to "be old," which to my ten year-old mind meant retired. I did, however, when thinking about being an adult, think that it would be exciting to have to get dressed up for work and wear shoes that clicked along the ground as I walked. I wonder what my ten year-old self would think about my latest choice of lunch bag. And maybe it's not the bag itself that seems so elementary school, though that pattern certainly screams first grave; it's really the label. My lunch bag is labeled in the same way it would have been labeled back in the day.

Maybe this is just more evidence to help make the case that one never really leaves one's childhood behind, and every day one is, at least a little bit, one's grade-school self. If this is true, then I am glad it's being expressed through my lunch bag and not my aqua-blue high-top LA Gears.

No comments: