Search This Blog

Sunday, July 24, 2011

You be the judge.

Doug and I are having the house painted in a couple of weeks. We are going to change the color of the house. Today we put on the house the two color choices that we narrowed all of our seemingly infinite color choices down to. Which one do you vote for?


We have a favorite, and it may not be the one that you think it is. You'll have to wait until the house is painted that color to know which one it is, though - I'm not giving up our secret just yet.

When I was uploading the photos of the color choices to the computer, I discovered that I hadn't uploaded the photos of our most recent beach trip. Last Saturday we were at Ogunquit and had a wonderful day there. We wish we had gotten to see Summer Sweater and her family, but maybe next time. This trip we just lay on the beach reading, Doug splashed about in the water a lot (and with my phone, which meant that I had to get a new phone because salt water and electronics do not mix), and then we took a long walk once the tide went out. Ogunquit at low tide late in the afternoon is a wonderful place to be. Most of the day-trippers and families with millions of little kids are gone and only those people who want to enjoy the tranquility of the beach are left. You get to see great scenes like this at that time of day:


Of course, if you look closely you can see that the guy flying the kites is doing so in what looks like his underwear. He was with two other guys, both also in what looked like their underwear, and our neighbors on the blanket next to us were calling them "The Underwear Guys." I wonder if this guy below was given a cool nickname by fellow beachgoers:


Me, I just call him "Hotstuff." Not very original, I realize, but totally accurate. It's the sandals that do it for me, and also the amazingly, almost alabaster-white skin. I don't know how he does it, but I feel lucky to know that it's all mine.

No comments: