Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A watched pot never boils.

Because I decided that I was wasting my time by sitting in front of my oven watching the cheese on my homemade Boboli pizza begin to soften and bubble, I decided to do something a little more productive with myself and so here I am writing a blog. I don't really have much to say, so bear with me on this one.

I actually had half a blog written about my love of to-do lists, what was currently on my to-do list and what I had recently scratched off, but that's saved as a draft. Today, at 9:35pm when I'm only just now home from work, in my pajamas, with food in the oven for dinner, I'm not much in the mood to talk about all the things I want to get done. I'm more inclined to let my thoughts wander towards doing nothing. Towards getting Mini Gray back from the dealer, sticking her key into the ignition, and driving her up to a quiet, secluded house on a lake for a bit of escape. But that will come in time.

Instead, tonight, let's think about the things that occupied this past weekend. Getting my hair cut (note that if I have time to let it dry properly I don't get that stupid shelf that the layers that are now in my hair tend to make), finishing six more bibs (only four more to sew!), and moving our authentic artwork from the art room to the dining room and my parents' '70s art from the dining room to the art room. I saw in last month's Real Simple a bit about decorating with purple and I was inspired to get a little more dramatic with our purple dining room. We like the effect, and since the dining room is where the painting was in the Sheas' house, I feel that this is where it belongs.

We also took another (all too short) jaunt up to Maine to visit Chris, Chris, and Ruby. Ruby's getting so big! She smiled a whole bunch for Doug, who enjoyed bouncing her again. It's hard to resist wanting to pick her up and squeeze her. She's a cute one, that little Ruby. We did a lot of looking at her (still a great way to pass the time), but we also got a preview of what she might look like with more hair. Ruby's such a good sport. The things babies have to put up with to amuse the adults!

And it's a good thing that nothing else happened over the weekend. My smoke alarm is now going off, which means that the softened and bubbled cheese on my Boboli is burnt to a crisp. Yum!

2 comments:

girl chris said...

Ruby with hair! We miss you guys already. Is it the end of July yet?

Rosanne said...

I have started to cross the days off my calendar. I'll probably pack in a couple of months, too. I'm really that excited about the trip.