Search This Blog

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Stuff.

I'm finally home from work. What's wrong with this picture? I get home from work, put some canned chili on the stove for dinner, and then head straight for the computer. Some life, right? I mean, for the past 12 hours I've been staring at my computer screens at work, and now I'm staring at them again. Except that I have only one here at home and it happens to be a lot smaller than the one at work, as well as having a fuzzy white cat plopped in front of it. I like the fuzzy white cat part.

So Doug and I are reaching the point where we are getting tired of social media. Not tired, necessarily, but just lax. I don't Twitter very much anymore, hardly ever go to Facebook, and am blogging less frequently. I haven't lost my enthusiasm for blogging, it's just that I don't feel right blogging unless I have pictures to post. Does anyone want to read anything with just text anymore? Probably not. This is a totally interactive world now, with text, photos, sounds, you name it, blasting at you at all times. My blog should operate as such.

With that being said, I'll post a photo that I haven't posted yet. Don't ask me where this came from or how it got onto the computer, but here's a photo of our wedding day, February 16, 2008, a day I thoroughly enjoyed. This is our Civil War wedding pose, a pose recommended to us by Adam. The photographer put a couple of these photos in our proofs album in a sepia tone, which looks great, but we haven't ordered any of our wedding photos yet. As a matter of fact, I went and tried to order some the other day and couldn't find them anywhere on Anissa's website. Well, it turns out that they're not there anymore. There was a six-month window where we could have ordered photos online, and we've missed it. Now we have to look up the file names of the photos we want on the CD of photos she gave to us, email her the list of file names we want, what color, what size, how many copies, and she'll have them printed up and send us a bill. If only we weren't so slow to order the photos! It would have been a lot easier to just order them online. Ah, well. Maybe that will teach us to get married, go on a honeymoon, buy a house, start a new job, move, and get settled all in about 8 months time. Next time we'll have to pace ourselves a little more so that we have the time, desire, energy, and motivation to do the important things, like buy wedding photos.

Time to rescue the burning chili...

1 comment:

Adam said...

Very cool wedding photo!